I’ve been a user experience professional for more than 14 years, building engaging, effective solutions and projects rooted in user-centered design. As a creative manager, I’ve built and grown talented teams, helping young designers and developers set their courses for the future, and fostered collaborative environments that encourage creation, rather than production.
I have worked closely with and directed efforts of information architects, interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, and technologists across various product efforts, and interactive projects at JPMorgan Chase, FedEx, Singapore Healthcare, Pfizer, Charles Schwab and other companies.
For the past decade, my work across a range of user groups, industries, knowledge domains, and technology platforms has helped produce best-of-breed interactive web applications, and software user interfaces for critical enterprise applications.
- Cross-discipline knowledge of information architecture, design, technology and business and well-versed with agile and waterfall software development lifecycle.
- Thinker; developer of creative solutions, business models, strategies, methodologies and practices.
- Highly competent manager and builder of teams utilizing staff, contractors, vendors and offshore resources.
- Exposure in areas of Application Development, Content Aggregation & Syndication, Corporate Communications as well as Portal Design & Development.
- Hands on experience with Enterprise content management systems.
- Working knowledge of wireframing tools such as iRise, Visio, Axure.
- Knowledge of various other subjects like Patterns driven Information Architecture, Accessibility and Knowledge Management.
Experience at Work
VP – Design Systems at JPMorgan Chase
July 2014 – Present | New York, NY
Currently responsible for curation and management of design language systems library. Serve as the subject matter expert and steward for various scrum teams providing guidance on use of existing patterns and components.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ongoing collaboration with in-house interaction and visual designers on low and hi fidelity prototypes
- Ongoing collaboration with business and product owners for creation and maintenance of Macro & Meso information architecture maps in omnigraffle.
- Act as a technical liaison with the UI Framework team for accurate creation of responsive components using HTML/CSS/JS .
VP – Program Manager at JPMorgan Chase
January 2014 – June 2014 | New York, NY
Led strategy and delivery of ADAM (Digital asset management) and Compliance Sheriff (Web content compliance automation) tools.
VP, Senior User Experience Design Manager at JPMorgan Chase
April 2011 – December 2013 (2 years 9 months) | Jersey City, NJ
- Oversee captive/vendor teams in areas of UX Design with primary focus in user interface development building interactive prototypes to validate design concepts for existing and new mobile and web products.
- Offshore operations planning and support.
- Project scoping, planning and delivery.
- Content Management SME.
- Vendor Management.
VP, Senior Business Operations Manager at JPMorgan Chase
September 2009 – March 2011 (1 year 7 months) | Mumbai, India
- Business case, planning and implementation of captive operations.
- Planning and implementation of department goals, policies, and procedures.
- Day-to-day management and guidance for user experience (web/mobile) design and development teams.
- Provide technical leadership to a team of IT members in areas of user interface development, visual and multimedia design, editorial and technical documentation.
- Plan for and lead budgeting for India operations.
- Offshore Vendor Management.
VP, User Experience Design Manager at JPMorgan Chase
February 2008 – August 2009 (1 year 7 months) | Wilmington, DE
- Concept and implementation of offshore creative services team.
- Oversee user interface development, editorial, visual and interaction design staff for customer experience group.
- Project scoping, planning and delivery.
- Identifying new offshore business needs and establishing infrastructure to support new requests.
- Vendor Management.
VP, User Experience Design Lead at JPMorgan Chase
March 2007 – January 2008 (11 months) | Wilmington, DE
- Created wireframes, mockups, and interaction specifications
- Translated needs of business into effective user experience design for Chase Online secure experiences.
- Collaborated with technology and business teams to identify and refine requirements
- Ensured usability during technical implementation.
Senior Information Architect at MphasiS
October 2001 – March 2007 (5.5 years) | Asia, Europe, North America
As Senior Information Architect, my activities include sustained client interfacing to understanding requirements, convey the importance of information architecture and design to add value to the end-users experience of a system. Lead creative teams in project execution and delivery of customer-focused, intuitive user experience underlying business processes, user needs and content strategy.
Creative duties included creation of sales proposals, client presentations, navigation strategies, page schematics & wire-frames, user flows, usability requirements, writing functional specifications & use cases, conceptual models, story boards, scenarios, prototypes, visual designs and style guide.
Clients: FedEx, Singapore Healthcare, Citibank, Charles Schwab, Pfizer
Interactive Architect at Plexus Technologies
March 2000 – September 2001 (1 year 7 months) | Mumbai, India
As Interactive Architect my creative duties included defining and directing the design team activities. Key responsibility included leading and coordinating the prototyping and design of navigation, structure and graphic identity by capturing requirements from the target groups, trends, and technology and business strategies for in-house and external clients.
Creative activities performed during project execution were:
- Information Architecture for large corporate websites, including creating flowcharts, wire-frames, visual modules and written communication
- Coordinated with project managers to identify content creation and integration strategies
- Wrote relevant portions of requirement documents
- Contributed to web site look-and-feel by collaborating with interface design team on page design mock-ups and style guides
Web Designer/Developer at THE FIX
February 1999 – March 2000 (1 year) | Mumbai, India
As Web Designer/Developer my creative duties included:
- Design and development of visual communication elements for the division for providing Internet and multimedia services for the clientele.
- Macro and micro design and structuring of web sites along with backend coding.
- Implementing new web services and on-going development of web projects including.
Diploma in Advanced Computer Arts | 2D / 3D Animation, Multimedia, Web and Internet Technologies.
Center of Development for Advanced Computing (CDAC) | 1998 -1999 | Mumbai, India
Bachelor of Science (Statistics)
University of Mumbai | 1994 -1997 | Mumbai, India
You can find professional recommendations on my LinkedIn profile